Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Sunday Song – Easter Sunday - Domenica di Pasqua - Amedeo Minghi - Gerusalemme

 

 

Amedeo Minghi, an Italian singer songwriter who was  born in Rome Italy on 12 August 1947 is I think a perfect choice for this weeks Sunday Song with his beautiful rendition of ‘Gerusalemme’  'Jerusalem' a piece commissioned by the Vatican on the occasion of the 'Jubilee 2000'.

Amedeo Minghi – Gerusalemme

Courtesy of maxarini

Italian Lyrics to Gerusalemme  - lyricsmania

Ti mostri al mondo,
schiuso dai Tuoi occhi.
D'oro ai tramonti,
all'alba spunti in fiore.
E' come miele abbandonarsi a Te,
Jerusalem
Jerusalem.
E fuochi accesi ad ardere i Tuoi fianchi,
tracce nel tempo, segni per il cuore.
Ma come è pietra risalire a Te,
Jerusalem
Jerusalem.
Sei Tu la Via
sei Tu l'Idea
l'universo della Vita, sei Tu
Sei Tu la Via,
L'universo della Vita, sei Tu.
Luce che accende le tenebre ai figli,
stella maestra, degli uomini.
Madre di tutte le Madri,
coro immenso,
di canti e preghiere
tessi una tela di pace
dal Tuo aspo Gerusalemme.
Voce di tutte le voci
nel silenzio lenisci il dolore.
Bella, fra tutte le spose
fra le belle desiderata,
fiera, dinnanzi al Sole
porti come mantello il Cielo.
Santa Gerusalemme
Benedetta, sei la speranza.
Confida nel Tuo nome
il respiro di tutta la Terra.

 

Italian to English translation – Google + Italian English Dictionary

'Jerusalem'

You show the world,
hatched from your eyes.
Golden sunsets,
Dawn breaks in flower.
It 's like honey surrender to Thee,
Jerusalem
Jerusalem.
It fires to burn, your hips,
tracks over time, signs for the heart.
But how to go back to stone You,
Jerusalem
Jerusalem.
With You the Way
You're the Idea
the universe of Life, are You
Thou the Way,
The Universe of Life, You are.
Light that illuminates the darkness of their children,
star teacher of men.
Mother of all Mothers,
enormous choir,
songs and prayers
weave a web of peace
Your reel from Jerusalem.
Voice of all entries
Sooth our pain in silence.
Bella, of all the brides
among the beautiful desired
fair, in front of the Sun
ports as a cape Heaven.
Holy Jerusalem
Blessed are the hope.
Trust in Your name
the breath of all the Earth.

The Graphics Fairy

 

Additional  information about the artist can be found by visiting either of these links Amedeo Minghi - Official Website 

 Amedeo Minghi – Wikipedia or the Amedeo Minghi - Facebook Fan Page

 

More Sunday Songs can be found by visiting Sunday Session at Doireallywannablog  an Australian blog that I started linking up with fairly recently, she posts two songs every week, something old and something new.

Sunday Session

 

Buona Pasqua – Happy Easter

15 comments:

  1. I loved listening to this tune. Just shows you that music covers all boundries, no matter what lingo spoken.
    Hope you had a lovely Easter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Easter Linda. Wishing you a lovely day. ♥O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter Linda, thanks for visiting our blog! I love the image from "graphic's fairy" one of my favourites that I regularly see on Easter cards sent to my Nonna from Italy. Beautiful - Take care, Yollie P.S My Nonno Luciano wanted a Kitten and recently acquired one little male - he named it Pasquale (or Pat for the English version) we think it is very cute : "Pat the cat" xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a blessed and beautiful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Song for Easter Linda! My husband came into from the garden ( weeding while I am cooking the lunch) when he heard it to see what it was.

    Have a lovely day, love Jackie in Surrey

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS I have the latest "Gardening " magazine from RHS and it has a good article on Wisteria. Would you like me to post it to you. If so send your address to my private email address. JM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed listening to Amadeo. He has a lovely mellow voice. Hope that you are enjoying a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Linda. Thank you for sharing! Hope you had a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a wonderful celebration and God is risen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such beautiful photos,, thankyou for sharing,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Easter Linda, thankyou for your kind comments. I love the picture of the good shepherd.Love Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the beautiful music. How do you find these pieces? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ciao Linda! Ho visto il tuo blog che carino!! Sono felice che tu abbia trovato "your piece of Italy"! Banvenuti!! Manu

    ReplyDelete
  14. I enjoyed this song, thanks for posting. The Wisteria on your header is gorgeous, such a soft color.
    Hope you're week is off to a good start.
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!