Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Song – Carmen Consoli - Guarda L'alba – Watching the Sunrise

 

Carmen Consoli was born in Sicily, near the city of Catania, in the small town of San Giovanni La Punta, on the 4th of September 1974. She started playing guitar at the age of fifteen and has been an active singer and songwriter since 1996 when she recorded her first album. Her genres of choice vary from rock, alternative pop to folk music.

It was announced on Friday 8th April on her Official Website that Carmen Consoli will be performing at the World Earth Day concert in Roma this year on April 20, 2011, when for 18 hours a free admission mega concert will be held at the Villa Borghese  World Earth Day Concert – Roma      

The song I have chosen today is a track  from her latest album Per Niente Stanca - Not at all tired, her first album of the best of her work which was released in November 2010.

Guarda L’alba – Watching the Sunrise

carmenconsolimusic

My current favourite of her songs. I think it has a rather beautiful melody.

Italian Lyrics

Già Natale, il tempo vola,
l'incalzare di un treno in corsa
sui vetri e lampadari accesi nelle stanze dei ricordi.
Ho indossato una faccia nuova
su un vestito da cerimonia,
ed ho sepolto il desiderio intrepido di averti a fianco.
Allo specchio c'è un altra donna,
nel cui sguardo non v'è paura,
com'è preziosa la tua assenza
in questa beata ricorrenza.
Ad oriente il giorno scalpita, non tarderà..
Guarda l'alba che ci insegna a sorridere,
quasi sembra che ci inviti a rinascere,
tutto inzia,
invecchia,
cambia forma,
l'amore, tutto si trasforma,
l'umore di un sogno col tempo si dimentica..
Già Natale, il tempo vola,
tutti a tavola che si fredda,
mio padre con la barba finta
ed un cappello rosso in testa.
Ed irrompe impetuosa la vita,
nell'urgenza di prospettiva
già vedo gli occhi di mio figlio
e i suoi giocattoli per casa.
Ad oriente il giorno scalpita,
la notte depone armi e oscurità..
Guarda l'alba che ci insegna a sorridere,
quasi sembra che ci inviti a rinascere,
tutto inizia,
invecchia,
cambia forma,
l'amore, tutto si trasforma,
persino il dolore più atroce si addomestica.
Tutto inizia,
invecchia,
cambia forma,
l'amore, tutto si trasforma,
nel chiudersi, un fiore al tramonto si rigenera..

Italian to English translation – Google

Christmas already, time flies,
the pressure of a moving train
the windows and lamps lit in the room of memories.
I wore a new face
on a wedding dress,
and I buried the fearless desire to have you on the side.
There is another woman in the mirror,
in whose eyes there is no fear,
valuable as your absence
in this blessed occasion.
To the east on the horizon day, will not be long ..
Watch the sunrise, which teaches us to smile,
almost seems to invite us to be reborn
everything starts,
aging
changes shape,
love, everything is transformed,
the mood of a dream is forgotten over time ..
Christmas already, time flies,
everyone at the table that is cold
My father with his beard
and a red hat on his head.
And impetuous bursts of life,
urgency of perspective
I can already see the eyes of my son
and his toys around the house.
To the east on the horizion,
weapons and the night lays dark ..
Watch the sunrise, which teaches us to smile,
almost seems to invite us to be reborn
It starts,
aging
changes shape,
love, everything is transformed,
even the most excruciating pain is tame.
It all starts,
aging
changes shape,
love, everything is transformed,
In closing, a flower is regenerated at sunset ..

 

With thanks to my sources of information  Wikipedia and the  Carmen Consoli - Official Website

More Sunday Songs can be found by visiting Sunday Session at Doireallywannablog another Australian blog that I started linking up with fairly recently, she posts two songs, something old and something new.

Sunday Session

Buono Domenica Tutti

15 comments:

  1. Fascinating song and video, thanks for sharing darling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, didn't know about her before. I'm already a fan. I visited through Blogfrog and I'm now following you. Please, I would like to have you back. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will have to check her out - thanks for this interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful song. Love the italian language.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely lyrics! How wonderful that there's a free concert on Earth Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bit early for a Christmas song, isn't it? hehe!

    Beautiful melody.

    I saw the Italian pianist/composer Einaudi before I moved to the USA. Wonderful music!

    Paul
    http://fromsheeptoalligators.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahahah! One more shared post between you and me!
    Last november I featured this song on my blog as well: definitely we are people with same good taste! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful song, I love the melody too. And the piano and her voice. Lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are correct - the song has a lovely melody. It also is very philosophical. I wonder if this song was inspired by time spent on a train and you let your mind wander through memories and daydream. I think we have all been there.

    You have beautiful scenery to enjoy when you go out and about - thank you for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't she pretty? For some reason I expected her voice to be higher...I loved the tone. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful post and song. I really enjoy reading your blog and experiencing Italy through your eyes and experiences. I signed on to follow you and look forward to reading more of your Italian adventure.
    God bless ...
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is both beautiful and talented. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Although i followed the English version, it makes me wish I could understand Italian. What a beautiful language.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! That's a moving song! But then I find it hard not to find Italian songs moving!! Probably even happy songs!!!

    And she's GORGEOUS!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!