Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Santa Marta - Firework Display

 

In continuation of yesterdays post on  Santa Marta.  The celebrations started on the evening of the 28th of July with a Procession at night by the fisherman in their boats on the lake and a procession along the streets of Marta on the evening beforehand. The next day is considered a local holiday with everyone in a festive mood with a large market during the day and culminating with a magnificent Firework display at 11pm.

No market photos as have only very recently done a post on that very subject Marta Mercato just lots of firework photos to share today.  I enjoy fireworks so much more when the displays are on balmy summer evenings.

I think this one looks like a sky full of shooting stars.

 

 It is the reflection in the water that made this one special.

 

  Another beautiful reflection!

 

 

 

 

 

I am not a professional photographer and I still have an awful lot to learn, but hopefully these go a little way towards capturing the moment for you.

There are lots more photos of The Firework Display in My Flickr Album Santa Marta Firework Spectacular 29th July 2010

11 comments:

  1. Oooh, aaaah! I particularly like the 2nd and 3rd photos down from the top, the ones with the awesome reflections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are my favourites as well, so much so I posted the red one on Beautiful World this evening. http://byrdsbeautifulworld.blogspot.com/2010/08/firework-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photographs, what more can I say. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Professional or not .. they are brilliant ... I love the 3rd one down .. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The reflection shots are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think your photos are amazing - I'd be very happy to produce pictures as good as these. Not surprised you wanted to see the display! Love, Maggie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane - Thanks, almost as beautiful as sunsets :)

    Anne - Those two reflection shots are my favourites from this album.

    Travelingsuep - My favourites as well.

    Laura - Thankyou :) It was a fabulous display!

    Maggie - Summer fireworks work for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic shots!! FIreworks are very tricky but you've captured some great moments that really show how special it was. Thank you! – g

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a charming local festival. And who doesn't love fireworks?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Georgianna - Thanks I guess I would need a very much more complicated camera if I wanted to do better :)

    Pam - It was and the fireworks finish off the day beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!