Welcome Everyone.

Welcome to News From Italy, my blog about our Italian Adventure. Although this blog has now ceased publication I will be continuing to blog and I am sincerely hoping that my many followers here will move with me to Travel Tales blog to follow my next adventures wherever they may take me. The links to my other blogs are:-


I look forward to keeping in touch with you via them, thanks once again for all the support you have given 'News From Italy' over the years.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Festa del Pescatore




Last Saturday evening August 1st we went to the XII Festa del Pescatore that is held annually in Marta. Table and chairs are set up under the trees along the lakeside, near the harbour and one of the local fish distribution companies provides the meals. For two consecutive evenings they cook a fish supper for anyone that cares to join the long queues that form. It is well worth the wait for the 10 Euro menu of local fish specialities. Pennette alla tomao, Filetto di coregone in salsa and frittura Filetti di Pesce. Along with the musical entertainment it was yet another local Festa, well worth attending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it and enjoy reading them all. I now only respond to comments via email, so please make sure your comment is linked to your account, if you would like a response. Otherwise I will not be able to respond!